The first week of Open Beta has been very overwhelming. Even though users had been testing the game live over the summer, it still did not adequately prepare our team for the influx of new people and bug reports that followed our reopening on Aug. 25th. But along with that, a huge outpouring of support and passion has sprouted out as well, from you – the fans that keep us working so hard. With all of the feedback and reports from everyone, we were able to fix almost all of the crucial issues that have come up. There’s still a bit more work to do for server optimization, but that’s a constant iterative process. Everyone’s voices have been heard – after all, this is a game being built for the anime/military/mobile gamer community and anyone else who wants to join on this wild ride.
With that being said, our goal is to keep the patches down to a bi-weekly schedule so as to not cause too many downloads and updates (like the first few days). If anything requires an emergency patch, then of course that will take priority. Oh and on a side note, I noticed some confusion about the Tier 5* Construction timer. It is actually 48 hours, and it always has been. So I accidentally spread some wrong information on Facebook to some people – many apologies for that one!
Before the patch notes, a few big announcements have to be mentioned!
Google Play Indie Games Festival
Armor Blitz was accepted as one of the top 30 games selected to show at the Google Play Indie Games Festival on Sept. 24th at the Terra Gallery in San Francisco. It wasn’t something we were expecting to hear, but that means me and the other programmer, Kevin will be flying out there! It’s going to be a fun event, and even if we don’t win, it’s a great chance to meet people and bring our game to the public eye.
Incoming Armor Blitz Adventures!
Armor Blitz Adventures hasn’t been updated in awhile because of our busy schedule in the last month. We only have two hands each, which means somethings get pushed back when stuff goes wrong (especially for a small team like ours). But I’m happy to say that the next comic is slated for release next week (12th), on the usual Monday. Here’s a sneak preview:
Portal of Chaos on the 20th [EDIT: Sept. 27th is the push back date so we can stabilize]
The Portal of Chaos that was added a few weeks ago is still undergoing work! The week of testing during the Portal’s uptime gave us a lot of direction to work from, so it won’t be out until Sept. 20th. Be patient… the leaderboard is coming! Until then, keep training your tanks so you can compete for that top spot when the time comes.
Part of the reason the Portal of Chaos is delayed is due to a bit of an anomaly we noticed this past weekend. Cheaters have already been detected, and that meant we had to put some anti-cheat measures in. Hacking/data modification of any sort is not tolerated, and it makes the game experience worse off for others, especially if something like the Portal’s leaderboard was released. It’s never fun distributing bans to players, so please refrain from doing bad things!
And now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for, unless you just scrolled past my wonderful announcements. The patch notes today detail all of the little bugs and clarity issues that have been resolved in the past week. There’s a few balance changes too based on user feedback.
– Overload ability unlocked after Cymric city. Boost your units attack +50% and attack speed +20% for 10 seconds.
– Drop Table rates displayed in the Cash Shop! Click the little “i” icon. It will show what seasonal tanks are currently in the table. The units available will occasionally rotate, and the colors will indicate if you’ve already attained at least one of that unit. Until we have a more detailed dictionary in place, this will have to do!
New Art Reworks:
– Scarlett, Churchill Crocodile
– Marla, Marder I
– Anastasia, T-26
New Units Added to Construction and Shop:
– Yuliya, T-62
– Lidiya, T70
– Pending Friend requests will show a small red notification on the menu button
– Counter added to the Friend List to show amount of friends
– Counter added to the Army Screen & Recycle Screen to show how many tanks are in reserves
– Counter added to the Equipment inventory to show maximum items
– Resource buttons on the world map show the time counter inside the icon
– Character intro dialogues adjusted. Now units will introduce themselves with their name instead of tank ID.
– Various other minor visual adjustments
– The “Replace” button in your Emblem inventory will now display the proper warning
– Tier 5* items can be unequipped now
– Scouting units sometimes collected more items than it should have. [Should be fixed, please report if it still happens]
– Scouting with certain items equipped would freeze the game and not save. Fixed!
– Bug fixed in which sometimes tanks weren’t being destroyed during Upgrade, but xp still was awarded.
– The crystal icon on Cymric should disappear properly after beating the battle now
– TOG II movement speed slowed from 7 -> 5. She is a big slow landship, after all.
– Matilda cost reduced from 4 -> 3 gears
– T-92 cost reduced from 5 -> 4 gears
Known Bugs Still:
– Sometimes the recycling screen will break and the back button won’t work, causing a crash
Thank you everyone for reading, and for continuing to play Armor Blitz. Have fun, and don’t stop Blitzing!