Hi Blitzers! This week contains a few exciting updates to improve quality of life for players. Things like NEW WATER!… and NEW MUSIC!… and NEW EVIE! And also, the long awaited “Army Reserves” screen is now in, which will let you examine your reserve units and check their detailed page without having to swap around your deck.
We are always listening to feedback, and trying to prioritize the features that will improve your gameplay experience. At the same time, you may not see all of the changes on the surface – a lot of improvements happen on our server and networking constantly.
There’s a lot more details about the changes in the patch too, so make sure to read below, after this small announcement.
Google Play Indie Games Festival (This Week)
Armor Blitz was accepted as one of the top 30 games selected to show at the Google Play Indie Games Festival on Sept. 24th at the Terra Gallery in San Francisco. We will be there representing the game and hopefully winning some cool stuff! Wish us luck out there!
A few key changes – lot’s of names were suggested by some more regionally aware players. Hetzer’s name, as you may have seen from our Facebook post last week, was due for a name change. The one that seemed to garner the most support was “Ilona.” Several other name changes occurred too, mostly on German characters. When we made the names awhile back, some of them were definitely rushed or placeholder, and are now being phased out.
Duplicate emblems… no more! This may bring disappointment to many, but that item replacing bug that let you equip more than 1 of each emblem has been fixed. If you have a unit that used duplicate emblems, they are automatically unequipped and put back into your inventory. Please go check on your tanks and make sure they have new loadouts!
– Reserves tab in the Army screen will now let you look at your backup units. No more swapping cards into your deck to view them!
– New water on the world map. It’s so real you could almost dip your toes into it.
– Evie has a new portrait!
– “Marching into the Wilds” by Phyrnna is now on the world map. Enjoy exploring the world with her wonderful track playing!
* Old menu music moved to Army screen.
Name Changes for More Regional Accuracy:
– (Hetzer) Hetz > Ilona
– (Jagdtiger) Otto > Odette
– (Sexton I) Susa > Selma
– (Sturmpanzer I Bison) Bianca -> Silke
– (StuG III) Adella > Sabine
– (Sturmtiger) Dollora > Johanna
– (Elefant) Elena > Erika
– (Panther I) Lucy > Petra
– (Panther II) Levie > Verena
– Many tank IDs fixed to historical representation (STUG > StuG, etc…)
– Scouting tank selection’s cancel button moved so it doesn’t overlap cards.
– Repair icon placed on repair buttons
– If you don’t have extra abilities available, the ability add button before you enter battles won’t show up.
– Resource collection numbers on the map are a bit more visible, instead of that bright green.
– Replaced old Factory look with a newer, fresher look. (Research page yet to come)
– Visual adjustments on map and card buttons
– Fixed the bug where “Replace” would allow duplicate item types to be equipped.
– Fixed a bug where if you had 0 cores and wanted to unequip an item, it wouldn’t let you.
– Fixed a bug where if you collected a new unit in the mailbox that is undiscovered, it wouldn’t add to your discovered list nor popup the character intro.
– Fixed static appearing when exiting the Shop.
– Fixed T-70’s portrait which was fuzzy for some people.
– T-70 movespeed dropped 6 to 5. She won’t run ahead your other tanks as often.
– Leopard’s evasion fixed from 0% > 15%. She had the wrong stat entered in.
– Spamming some buttons and cards quickly can cause them to shrink. Have fun with it for a week until it’s fixed!
– Sometimes while scrolling on the world map, the camera may jump in the wrong direction.
Thank you everyone for reading! Next week the Portal of Chaos leaderboard will open up, so prepare yourselves for that!